Aaron Wan-Bissaka is fit and ready to return for Manchester United against Liverpool, report ESPN.
Wan-Bissaka missed games against Arsenal, AZ Alkmaar and Newcastle with tonsillitis.
He was a big miss at right-back, and having the £50 million summer signing fit to face Liverpool is a major boost.
Wan-Bissaka leads the Premier League in tackling on a per game basis and he will be key to United’s chance of success against the league leaders.
Mixed news elsewhere
Luke Shaw is still considered doubtful, which raises the possibility of Ashley Young starting at left-back.
Paul Pogba is 50/50 as he works to return from a foot injury. Anthony Martial is ‘expected to return’ as he steps up his comeback.
Injuries were a major contributor to United’s poor form before the international break, although not the sole reason.
Having as many key players back as possible will certainly help, and Wan-Bissaka is one of the most important.
If Shaw can overcome his injury battle too then United could line up with the club’s preferred back four for the first time since August.
- The pressure is on Anthony Martial ahead of Anfield trip
- Sergio Romero’s growing case for United’s number one role
- Will United play 3-5-2 again versus Liverpool?
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Liverpool
- Dan James is victim of Manchester United’s poor squad building