Will this be the weekend Mason Greenwood gets his first Premier League start of the season?
There is a chance, although not a strong one. But there is a stellar case for Greenwood to get the nod
Here are three reasons why Greenwood should get the nod against Leicester.
United need a starter on the right wing, and Mason Greenwood’s pre-season exploits show he could be successful there.
Anthony Martial’s recent injury means he could start on the bench behind Marcus Rashford. This is preferable to Solskjaer seeking to fit both in, with Dan James on the left.
Greenwood is injury free and fresh, and should be given his chance to show what he is capable of from the start in the biggest game of his career.
Element of surprise
Leicester are unlikely to see Greenwood’s start coming. And even if they can predict it, being able to stop him is a different matter.
Greenwood is unpredictable, and sometimes catching the opponent off guard is crucial.
The United youngster’s movement can create space and pull Leicester’s defenders out of position, which Marcus Rashford could exploit.
More firepower needed
United have scored just four goals in the last three games, and go up against a Leicester defence which has conceded only three times all season.
Greenwood is simply a more dangerous player to have on the pitch than making a choice to put Jesse Lingard or Andreas Pereira out there.
Leicester are going to be tough to break down. Getting Greenwood on the pitch gives United a greater chance of success.
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea