There were some big selection headlines when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer announced his Manchester United team to face Leicester.
Captain Harry Maguire is back earlier than expected and Marcus Rashford is on the bench.
One which might have gone under the radar is Anthony Martial’s complete omission from the squad.
In an interview broadcast on United’s official app before kick-off, Solskjaer explained the Frenchman’s absence.
“He’s come back from France not fit,” said Solskjaer.
“So he’s not trained all week but hopefully we can have him back soon.”
Martial of course started and scored last time around against Everton before limping off early in the second half.
He was clearly fit enough to go on international duty with France as they won the Nations League.
But he has either picked up a new problem or the existing issue has not cleared up enough for him to play here.
That will be frustrating for him as he has lost the chance to build on the momentum he gained with that goal against Everton.
But it does give Rashford an opportunity to take his place on the bench at the King Power Stadium.
- Photos: Manchester United release first images of Rangnick in training at Carrington
- Carrick's comments on Fernandes show why Manchester United need a stern manager like Rangnick
- Manchester United loanee preparing to take on 'quality' former Premier League player
- Raphael Varane shares his reaction to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United exit interview
- Record breaking wonderkid suddenly needs fresh Manchester United start under Ralf Rangnick