Manchester United were in sensational form against Leeds this afternoon.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side thumped Leeds 5-1 in front of the first capacity crowd at Old Trafford since March 2020.
Bruno Fernandes smashed in a hat-trick and that unsurprisingly saw him named BT Sport man of the match.
But Paul Pogba was a genuine contender for that prize, as he laid on four assists.
As per Opta, he is the first United player to do that in the Premier League era. He made his own slice of history.
There are obviously still doubts about his future. They will remain while a new deal remains unsigned.
But the best thing he can do while all that is going on is put in exceptional performances like this one.
He was exceptional in his position on the left hand side of midfield.
There has been talk of Solskjaer going to a 4-3-3, raising the prospect of Pogba and Fernandes playing alongside each other in the centre of midfield.
But they were able to dovetail with sensational effect in the 4-2-3-1 from last season.
It’s mouthwatering to think of Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane being added to this team.
And here’s how Pogba’s performance went down with United fans on Twitter after the full-time whistle:
- Photos: Manchester United release first images of Rangnick in training at Carrington
- Carrick's comments on Fernandes show why Manchester United need a stern manager like Rangnick
- Manchester United loanee preparing to take on 'quality' former Premier League player
- Raphael Varane shares his reaction to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United exit interview
- Record breaking wonderkid suddenly needs fresh Manchester United start under Ralf Rangnick