Gary Neville reacts to United's late win over West Ham
What a feeling. Marcus Rashford grabbed the latest of late winners as Manchester United scooped a dramatic 1-0 win over West Ham.
Ralf Rangnick’s substitutes combined when Anthony Martial fed Edinson Cavani who squared to Rashford to net the winner.
Cavani was close to being offside in the lead-up to the goal and that will no doubt attract plenty of discussion from pundits and opposition fans alike.
But United legend Gary Neville tweeted his reaction to rule the Uruguayan onside before he squared the ball across goal.
The decision is set to be a talking point, but that does not matter to United now. They got a crucial victory and are into the top four.
Both league meetings with the Hammers have been dramatic so far this season.
Jesse Lingard got a late winner in the September match at the London Stadium, before David de Gea made an even later penalty save.
Those contributions and today’s have earned four points against a direct rival for the top four spots.
Goalscorer Rashford also took to Twitter to comment on his goal, hailing the fact that it continued United’s best traditions of scoring late, late goals.
Rashford has scored in two consecutive matches and that should boost his confidence after a period where his form and fitness has been questioned.
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million