Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named his starting eleven for Manchester United’s clash with Villarreal.
The big news is Jadon Sancho is back in the side and looks set to play on the left of midfield.
This is how Manchester United line-up for the game:
Starting XI: De Gea, Dalot, Varane, Lindelof, Telles, Pogba, McTominay, Fernandes, Greenwood, Sancho, Ronaldo
Substitutes: Heaton, Henderson, Bailly, Van de Beek, Fred, Lingard, Elanga, Mata, Matic, Cavani, Martial
Here is how the team compares to our predicted XI for the game.
This is a huge game for United after losing on their last Champions League outing against Young Boys.
It’s also an opportunity for Solskjaer to show his side have progressed since the Europa League final defeat against Unai Emery’s side in May.
Here’s how former Arsenal boss Unai Emery has set his side up tonight, shorn of star man Gerard Moreno.
Harry Maguire limped out of the defeat against Aston Villa and was never going to play here. Bruno Fernandes captains the side in his absence.
Luke Shaw was given every chance to be fit by Solskjaer but he is not able to make the bench, with Alex Telles coming in.
Diogo Dalot comes in at right-back for the suspended Aaron Wan-Bissaka and it’s a huge night for him.
Once again, Donny van de Beek has not been selected to start but Solskjaer has switched up his midfield, moving Pogba into a deeper, more central position.
- Manchester United linked to five-times league winner with 50 international caps
- Casemiro sends message to Manchester United fans
- Italian press reaction to Rasmus Hojlund performance shows why Manchester United are interested
- Manchester United star showed at Wembley why £55m star is priority for Erik ten Hag
- Romano says Manchester United loanee has undergone medical ahead of summer switch elsewhere