Aaron Wan-Bissaka proved a point as Manchester United beat Newcastle.
The £50 million right-back produced his first ever assist in a United shirt as he crossed for our third goal.
This was a big step for the 22-year-old, who is on a mission to become a complete player.
His defensive qualities this season have proved outstanding. We would rate him 9/10 in that category.
From an attacking perspective, the return has not been great. Perhaps 5/10.
His assist for Marcus Rashford to score against Newcastle was a sign he can still get to where we want him to be.
Gary Neville like cross
Wan-Bissaka’s cross for Rashford was straight out of the Gary Neville playbook.
Rashford attacked it well and made no mistake. The delivery was too perfect not to be scored.
Clearly he needs to do this more often, and this will lift his confidence, showing himself, fans, and his teammates that he can do it.
This cross for Rashford was one of only two he attempted against Newcastle.
Defensively he had three tackles, and made three interceptions
Wan-Bissaka might be the best defensive full-back in the Premier League, and if his attacking play can reach a level of at least ‘above-average to good’ then he will become a very scary player.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Wan-Bissaka’s first assist for the club.
- Is Manchester United vs West Ham on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay