United fans praise Andreas Pereira's skill against AZ Alkmaar
Andreas Pereira on the left wing was not a team selection we had wanted to see for United.
To his credit, he worked really hard against AZ Alkmaar and was a big contributor towards United’s 4-0 victory.
Andreas has been shunted about in different positions all season and is yet to really make his stamp.
He is not a natural left winger but he showed up and put in a skilful and aggressive performance as United eventually broke AZ down.
He played a big role in United’s first goal, with a bit of skill in the corner where he turned the defender inside out, before passing the ball to Juan Mata who went on to set up Ashley Young’s opener.
Pereira was confident in possession and he often does not make the right choices. In this game he was effective, willing to take players on, and creating space for others.
He had five shots, more than any player on the pitch, with two on target, and created one chance. He also completed 89 per cent of his passes.
Off the ball he worked hard to chase down possession in the final third, winning three tackles.
He likes to take a few risks, and it is better for him to be playing in a role further forward.
His frustrating performances at times this season had led to fans on social media to question whether he was really Brazilian.
Pereira’s skilful performance against AZ grabbed attention and made a few Reds sit up and take notice…
- Ten Hag says Manchester United's players did not do what he asked against Brentford
- 'I cost three points'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for 4-0 loss
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United's 4-0 defeat to Brentford
- 6 things we learned as Manchester United lose 4-0 to Brentford
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: McTominay axed