Paul Pogba was a surprise name in Manchester United’s squad against Watford.
Sadly for the Frenchman, the trip to Vicarage Road was not a happy one.
United lost the game against the relegation battlers 2-0, showing our away day problems are far from over.
Pogba was on the bench and by time he came on United were two goals down.
There were hopes that Pogba might be able to spark a comeback. This was asking too much.
How did he do?
Pogba made a positive impression despite being unable to change the game.
He was keen to get on the ball and make an influence in the attacking third. United improved when he came on, just not enough.
He touched the ball 34 times in 36 minutes, which compares positively to Jesse Lingard’s 38 touches in 64.
Pogba had two shots, both on target, and created one chance. Lingard for the record missed the target with both his efforts (including one clear cut one on one) and didn’t make any key passes.
His play gave United some much needed composure, completing 90 per cent of his passes, more than any player apart from Juan Mata who came on for the last 20 minutes.
He showed enough to indicate he should be a starter on Boxing Day when United take on Newcastle.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Pogba’s performance…
- Club director claims move for wantaway Manchester United star is not “feasible”
- Newcastle targeting loan deal for Manchester United ace, prepared to cover 100% of wages
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and team news
- Manchester United will need to move the ball quickly to bypass Brentford's top-tackler
- Rangnick says £50m man is set to miss Manchester United's next two Premier League games