Manchester United fans react to Fred's performance v Brighton
Don’t tell the national media and pundits who love to criticise him and can’t look beyond his price tag. But Fred might actually be good.
The Brazilian is improving at any rate. Against Brighton he put in a performance which might have been his best in a United shirt.
That he did so after playing an hour on Thursday night against a fully rested Brighton midfield is credit to him.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praised Fred’s performance after the 3-1 win at Old Trafford.
He told the MEN: “He set us off today with his midfield play. We couldn’t let them get on the ball and Fred was maybe the catalyst.”
United needed the midfield to step up in Paul Pogba’s continued absence and Fred has been much improved since the last international break.
Starting off with a good performance against Liverpool last month, Fred has been key to United’s recent rejuvenation.
Against Brighton he won two tackles, had one shot on target, created one chance, and dribbled past two opponents.
He has deserved some of the criticism he has received. But a lot of it has been over the top. Fred’s latest performances warrant respect and his confidence is clearly growing.
He will have to be on his game after the international break when we travel to Sheffield United, but on the basis of this fixture, it’s a game he should relish.
His partnership with Scott McTominay is really growing and it has been key to the team recording five wins from seven games.
Fred’s recent performances have not gone unnoticed. United fans have recognised his improvement.
Here is a look at the response to the 26-year-old’s performance in the win which took United back up to seventh place…
- £35m star is ideal signing and Manchester United have already made a crucial error
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine