Manchester United fans react to Andreas Pereira's performance
Andreas Pereira played an important role as Manchester United beat Burnley 2-0 at Turf Moor.
The Brazilian was handed a second successive start, and provided his second assist in as many games.
His defence splitting pass into Anthony Martial for United’s opener was perfectly weighted, putting the ball on a plate for the Frenchman to score.
His hard work to win the ball before the goal was just as impressive.
Pereira is now up to three assists and one goal for the season, which isn’t great, but it is higher than Jesse Lingard and suggests he should be given more chances.
His best performances have come in his favoured central attacking position and he will be unlucky if he misses out against Arsenal in the next game.
Pereira made four key passes in United’s 2-0 win before he was taken off with 20 minutes to go.
This was more than any of his United teammates managed. Brandon Williams created two chances, and he was the only other player who had more than one key pass.
He is still a little further back in his development for a United player than you would like for a player who turns 24 on January 1.
He still does not get everything right but his decision making was improved against Burnley. He’s getting better with more game time.
A new signing in his position is expected either in January and next summer, that will make things harder.
Until then, he is becoming a valuable contributor and it is good to see.
United fans are appreciating Pereira’s efforts…
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace