Paul Pogba is out of Manchester United’s game with Leicester City at the weekend.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed the news at his morning press conference.
Worryingly he said Aaron Wan-Bissaka is also a doubt for the fixture, with Anthony Martial also out.
This is really troubling news for United considering the poor start to the season, with no wins in our last three matches.
Pogba missed France’s international fixtures with injury, but it was hoped this was a precaution and he would be fit.
Solskjaer told ESPN: “Pogba won’t be fit unless he has had a miraculous recovery overnight or before the game. He has not been ready to do 100% training.”
Last season Pogba was key to United beating Leicester 2-1 at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season.
He has had an encouraging start this season, and this weekend we might see how much he is missed.
It is also an opportunity for others to step up. Might we see Fred make his first appearance of the season?
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to the Pogba update…
- Report claims Manchester United want Callum Wilson
- United talent Matej Kovar is beginning to show what he is capable of
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka demonstrates desire and quality in United win
- James Maddison showed the quality he could add to Manchester United
- Hannibal Mejbri makes Manchester United under-18s debut