Paul Pogba is out of Manchester United’s game with Leicester City at the weekend.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed the news at his morning press conference.
Worryingly he said Aaron Wan-Bissaka is also a doubt for the fixture, with Anthony Martial also out.
This is really troubling news for United considering the poor start to the season, with no wins in our last three matches.
Pogba missed France’s international fixtures with injury, but it was hoped this was a precaution and he would be fit.
Solskjaer told ESPN: “Pogba won’t be fit unless he has had a miraculous recovery overnight or before the game. He has not been ready to do 100% training.”
Last season Pogba was key to United beating Leicester 2-1 at Old Trafford on the opening day of the season.
He has had an encouraging start this season, and this weekend we might see how much he is missed.
It is also an opportunity for others to step up. Might we see Fred make his first appearance of the season?
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to the Pogba update…
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea