Cristiano Ronaldo is thrilled to be back in Italy for Manchester United’s Champions League game.
United face Atalanta on Tuesday night, looking to follow up a 3-2 home victory.
Ronaldo scored an impressive late winner in that game to send United to top of the group.
In a message written after arriving back in Italy, Ronaldo says he is determined to help United stay in first place.
This is United’s first Champions League away game since the shock defeat to Young Boys.
United generally have a strong away record, while Atalanta have actually found it trickier at home this season.
In six league games Atalanta have scored eight goals, compared to 12 netted in five away matches.
Ronaldo knows Atalanta well from his three seasons in Serie A, and won the Coppa Italia final against them last season.
United’s next Champions League game will be after the international break away at Villarreal, before a home fixture against Young Boys.
Ronaldo has three goals in three Champions League games this season and will be keen to keep up that streak.
- Confirmed Manchester United starting line-up against Nottingham Forest
- Jadon Sancho pictured arriving at Old Trafford for Manchester United semi-final second leg
- How many transfer windows Phil Jones has now survived as a Manchester United player
- Rio Ferdinand responds to Paul Merson over Marcel Sabitzer criticism
- Can Marcel Sabitzer play in the Europa League? Eligibility and suspension explained