After a disastrous international break, Cristiano Ronaldo is smiling again.
The reason why? He is back in Manchester with his family.
Ronaldo sent a picture from his private jet as he flew back to England from Portugal.
He says he is now focused on achieving his goals with Manchester United for the next few months, before the World Cup play-offs begin in March.
Back to work
Ronaldo will have to work hard to get Manchester United back on track. The situation at Old Trafford was dire when he left for Portugal at the start of the month.
United have won only one of the last six league games and are down to sixth in the Premier League table.
The club’s next three league matches are against Watford (a), Chelsea (a), and Arsenal (h).
Next week there is a Champions League tie away to Villarreal, where Ronaldo will be looking to score in a fifth successive game.
United need Ronaldo to perform, but more critically, the players around him need to step it up.
Ronaldo has scored nine goals already this season, five more than any of his teammates. He’s an asset, not a problem for United, and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has to figure out how to get the rest of the team clicking.
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s record like against Chelsea?
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?