Young midfielder Zidane Iqbal continued his promising season by netting his first goal for the under-18 side this weekend.
Iqbal, 16, made his debut for United’s under-18s back at the end of November.
While he has not been a starter in the FA Youth Cup, he has played a role in the team’s league campaign.
At the weekend he enjoyed perhaps his finest performance yet in a 4-0 win over strugglers Sunderland.
A season of firsts
Iqbal scored his first goal for the under-18s to spark an easy win for the young Red Devils.
He opened the scoring after half an hour, making the most of a pass from the impressive Anthony Elanga.
Iqbal played all 90 minutes for the first time in the league this season for the under-18s as the side saw out a comfortable victory.
Charlie McCann netted a brace from midfield, with substitute Max Haygarth scoring his first goal of an injury interrupted season.
This season is one of steady progress for Iqbal, who is battling to establish himself as a starter.
At just 16, the club will be pleased with his progress so far. There should be a lot more to come from him next season, and anything further which he can contribute this year is a welcome bonus.
- 5 things learned as Manchester United draw 1-1 against Young Boys
- Ralf Rangnick sends message to Manchester United's youngsters ahead of Young Boys clash
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Young Boys: Rangnick makes 11 changes
- Zidane Iqbal: The Manchester United teenager with an eye for a spectacular goal
- Has Cristiano Ronaldo ever scored in all six Champions League group games before?