Isak Hansen-Aaroen’s expected transfer to Manchester United will go through within the next fortnight.
The 15-year-old has made seven first team appearances for Norwegian side Tromso already.
Now Tromso’s assistant, Lars Petter Andressen, has confirmed he has played for the club for the final time.
“He will travel to Manchester next week, and he has agreed with us that he will now have a few days off.
“It will be a little holiday to calm down a bit before he goes over
“Of course we wish him a lot of luck over there. We wish he could be here and contribute to the season, but we understand that they want him there.”
A move which has been in the pipeline
An agreement to sign Hansen-Aaroen was struck a year ago, with United beating competition from Liverpool and Everton for his signature.
The MEN reported that United had agreed a deal with Tromso to sign Hansen-Aaroen, which can go through officially when he turns 16 on August 22.
The paper reported last month that United plan to announce his signing this summer, pending international clearance.
Tromso are clearly not going to be standing in his way, and wish the talented teenager all the best as he links up with Norwegian legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
In his final appearance at the start of this week, Hansen-Aaroen provided his first senior assist, in a 5-0 win.
Tromso are only in the Norwegian second division, yet it is valuable for the youngster to be gaining experience already.
He is an attacking midfielder, although at this young age his final position may still be moulded slightly, to a deeper role, or out wide.
His initial steps with United are expected to be with the club’s under-18 team.
- Odion Ighalo needs better service – but United also need a new striker
- Eric Bailly’s defensive record deserves more credit
- Mason Greenwood must follow Wayne Rooney’s improvement to reach the top
- Four Manchester United players have proved a point to Solskjaer
- Nicolas Tagliafico the latest left-back linked to United
- Luton defender shares what it’s like trying to stop Marcus Rashford
- Manchester United fans react to Eric Bailly’s performance
- Solskjaer picks out three Manchester United players for praise
- Jesse Lingard impresses amid uncertain United future