Let the hype train for young starlet Isak Hansen-Aaroen begin.
As reported by the Manchester Evening News in August 2019, Hansen-Aaroen agreed to sign with the club from Tromso.
The transfer can only be formally completed when Hansen-Aaroen turns 16, which will happen on August 19th 2020, just over one month away.
Last night saw Hansen-Aaroen make his professional debut for Tromso in Norway’s top flight at just 15-years-old.
Hansen-Aaroen came off the bench in the final minute of Tromso’s 2-0 win away at Kongsvinger. He had been an unused substitute days earlier in their previous league match.
Part of the agreement last summer between United and Tromso saw under-23s midfielder Aiden Barlow head to the Norwegian club on loan.
The MEN reported how United beat competition from both Everton and Liverpool to win the race for his signature.
Hansen-Aaroen is an attacking midfielder, who United are keen to develop and bring in to potentially join the under-18s squad next season.
He has three appearances for Norway’s under-16 side, in which he has scored three goals.
He will become the first Norwegian player signed for United since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was appointed as manager.
Norway has been producing some big talents over the past few years, with Erling Haaland, Martin Odegaard and Sander Berge the leading lights. Hopefully Hansen-Aaroen can join them.
Aftenposten reported in 2019 how Hansen-Aaroen supports United and regards the Red Devils as his ‘dream club’.
The newspaper also said Hansen-Aaroen is represented by Jim Solbakken, Norway’s most influential agent, who also represents United boss Solskjaer.
- Luke Shaw is the strongest player in the England squad, says Three Lions teammate
- Paul Pogba blames the heat for France’s disappointing Euro 2020 performance against Hungary
- Academy talent Johan Guadagno doing extra training in off-season
- Dan James helps Wales reach last 16 at Euro 2020
- PSG pushing to beat Manchester United in Varane race
- United’s latest bid for Sancho verified but not approved
- McTominay better than Rice says ex United star
- Jadon Sancho to Manchester United: Moving forward?
- Dean Henderson now has perfect chance to reinforce his Manchester United position