Manchester United supplemented first team training with a handful of young faces this week.
Defender Will Fish was the latest call-up, joining Shola Shoretire and Anthony Elanga in training.
Amad Diallo is also in contention to feature against Granada, with United 2-0 up from the first leg.
One young player who was notably absent, was Hannibal Mejbri.
Hannibal trained with the first team last month during the international break, and has forged an impressive link-up with Elanga at under-23 level.
But as the MEN notes, Hannibal cannot be called up to the first team squad for the Europa League because he is ineligible.
UEFA rules state he cannot be added to the B-squad because he does not qualify as a homegrown player yet, having been signed less than two years ago in 2019 from Monaco.
Debut could still come this season
Hannibal will instead play a key role on Friday night when United’s under-23s take on Manchester City.
Fish, Elanga, and Shoretire could also be involved in that match.
Elanga featured against West Ham last Friday less than 24 hours after flying to Spain with the first team.
United’s squad is a little short for Thursday due to suspensions for Harry Maguire, Scott McTominay, and Luke Shaw.
Hannibal could yet make his debut for the first team this season, but it would have to come in the Premier League.
This could happen if United qualify for the Champions League with a two or three games to spare.
Currently United are on course to do so, with a nine point gap over fifth place.
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer