Manchester United are hopeful of offloading three more players in the summer transfer window amid Harry Maguire’s transfer falling through, according to reports.
Maguire was relieved of his captaincy by United manager Erik ten Hag and his long-term future at Old Trafford had been plunged into serious doubt in recent months.
However, it was reported on Tuesday that the 30-year-old England defender’s £30m move to West Ham had collapsed, despite United agreeing to the transfer fee.
Ten Hag to continue his summer clearance
Despite Maguire’s situation being unclear, Ten Hag is expected to offload more United players who are deemed surplus to requirement.
The Manchester Evening News reports that both Eric Bailly and Brandon Williams have been informed that they can leave Old Trafford this summer.
Bailly, who was brought to United by Jose Mourinho, has fallen down the pecking order under Ten Hag and has attracted interest from Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
MORE UNITED STORIES
Williams, much like Bailly, has struggled for regular first-team minutes under Ten Hag and faces stiff competition for the left-back spot at United.
Donny van de Beek, who has been heavily linked with a permanent move to Real Sociedad, is also on the summer chopping block at United.
Ten Hag still waiting to use new signing
Ten Hag has significantly reinforced his United squad this summer with the key additions of Mason Mount, Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund.
Hojlund has currently been sidelined due to injury, but Ten Hag has insisted that the summer signing has a “small issue” and the club remain “confident” at the moment.
“So, as we said previously, he had a small issue and he’s not on the levels where our players are at this moment so we have to train him,” he said.
“A prognosis is always difficult to say. We are confident and we are positive.”