Manchester United supporters have defied a heavy police presence to protest against the Glazer family.
Thousands of fans are in attendance for the first protests since the one on May 2 which saw the game against Liverpool called off.
The club have put in extra security measures to try and ensure the game goes ahead.
One of Liverpool’s team buses was pictured being blocked off ahead of tonight’s clash.
The Athletic report the visiting players have made it to the ground and the game should go ahead. It is due to kick-off at 8.15pm. The team line-ups have been announced.
Supporters have made another strong statement tonight, expressing anger against the Glazer family ownership.
It is clear Joel Glazer’s recent letter attempting to appease supporters has had no effect.
There will be a big policing bill for the club to pick up to cover the cost of tonight’s protest.
Next week the club are set to welcome supporters into the ground for the home fixture with Fulham. Up to 10,000 are permitted to attend.
- Manchester United top four rivals Tottenham set to sack Antonio Conte
- Sevilla chief Monchi reacts to being drawn against Manchester United
- Andreas Pereira now linked with shock Chelsea and PSG moves after leaving United
- Kolo Muani shows why Manchester United want him with impressive performance
- Why Marcus Rashford has pulled out of the England squad