Manchester United have been posting various short clips on social media from the mid-season training camp in Spain.
This one caught our eye. It features Brazilian midfielder Fred scoring, albeit from close range, after a pass from Angel Gomes.
Fred has scored only one goal for United since his move from Shakhtar Donetsk and this came in October 2018.
He has had no luck this season and his wastefulness in front of goal is the weak point of his game.
Fred has been a vastly improved player on his first season in terms of his all round game, and only his lack of impact in front of goal is holding him back from being a complete midfielder.
Scoring a goal from close range in training past Nathan Bishop doesn’t really change this, but it’s nice to see all the same and will give him confidence.
It’s good to see Angel Gomes involved too and playing his part and we have not given up hope he will sign a new deal with United.
More training videos
United also posted a goal scored by striker Anthony Martial. The Frenchman won the ball himself before curling a ball into the top corner.
Other clips posted by the club have featured Diogo Dalot celebrating like Cristiano Ronaldo, and Scott McTominay showing off his range of passing.
- Report: Manchester United want to do Alex Telles deal for £12 million
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Brighton
- Photo: Manchester United star Axel Tuanzebe steps up recovery
- Fernandes is willing to share penalty responsibilities – but he shouldn’t have to
- Three questions for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ahead of double-header with Brighton