Manchester United centre back Victor Lindelof has updated fans on his condition after he tested positive for Covid-19.
The Swedish international missed the 1-1 draw against Newcastle United on Monday night and has been ruled out for Thursday’s clash against Burnley.
It remains to be seen whether the 27-year-old will be available for Monday’s game against Wolves.
Following Lindelof’s absence, Raphael Varane was restored to the starting line-up alongside Harry Maguire for the clash against the Magpies.
It was the World Cup winner’s first appearance since November after he came off injured in the 2-2 draw against Atalanta.
United interim boss Ralf Rangnick felt the Frenchman did “okay” on his return to the side, following a long injury absence.
As a result of the Iceman testing positive for the virus, Eric Bailly will come back into the squad to face Burnley on Thursday night.
Bailly was set to join up with Ivory Coast ahead of the African Cup of Nations, which kicks off on January 9, but with the Swedish captain also ruled out for the clash against the Clarets, the Ivorian has been called upon as emergency stand in.
Victor Lindelof sends message to fans
Following United’s postponed clashes against Brentford and Brighton, United’s number two hasn’t played since coming off against Norwich City, in the second half, earlier this month due to breathing difficulties.
After testing positive for Covid-19, Lindelof provided an update on how he was feeling on his Instagram account.
The former Benfica man said: “At the moment I’m just home, I feel fine and hopefully I can be back with the guys soon.”
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player