Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird started for Swansea in their Championship clash with Peterborough on Saturday.
Laird played at right wing-back as Russell Martin’s side ran out 3-0 winners to sit 13th in the table.
The talented defender helped Swansea get the ball rolling when he set up Jake Bidwell’s goal after just two minutes.
That was the second assist of his loan spell; his first since the 3-3 draw with Luton in mid-September.
Wales Online gave Laird an 8/10 rating for his performance.
They wrote: “Put the ball on a plate for Bidwell to open the scoring and was a constant thorn in Peterborough’s side. Subbed to a standing ovation.”
As per WhoScored, he had just 34 touches in 78 minutes on the pitch, but he made them count.
As well as his assist, he laid on another key pass – and that tally of two is as many as any Swansea player on the day.
On the defensive side, only one Swansea man made more than his two interceptions.
Laird got rave reviews on Twitter from Swansea fans for his performance against Cardiff earlier this month.
Laird is yet to score for the Swans and will hope to get that duck broken soon.
This was another impressive afternoon for the academy graduate, who is enjoying life at Swansea as it stands.
- Sky Sports pundit praises Marcel Sabitzer to Manchester United move
- Manchester United in talks to send Williams and Tuanzebe on loan before transfer deadline
- Fresh Fred is perfectly positioned to help Sabitzer replace Eriksen
- Marcel Sabitzer has already spoken about how “special” it is to play at Old Trafford
- Manchester United contact Lyon over Houssem Aouar