United transfer target Boubacar Kamara picks right moment to shine
If Manchester United do make a late move during the transfer window, Marseille midfielder Boubacar Kamara could be the most likely option.
Kamara is out of contract at the end of the season and the report states Marseille are willing to sell for around £10 million this month to get a fee while they can.
Kamara seizes moment to impress
With speculation over Kamara’s future ongoing, he picked a good time to drop an impressive performance on Saturday night as Marseille won 2-0 away at Lens.
Kamara played all 90 minutes in a defensive midfield role, anchoring the side in a 4-1-4-1 formation.
The 22-year-old completing 96 per cent of his passes, making 72 in total, and he touched the ball 90 times, more than any player on the pitch.
Kamara made three interceptions, more than any other midfielder on either side, winning one tackle and making two clearances.
He topped off an impressive all round display by creating two goalscoring chances, more than attacking teammate Dmitri Payet (1).
Kamara’s time at Marseille is coming to an end, but he may stick it out until the end of the season. While they would be happy to cash in, they are also quite content having him in their starting line-up each week.
The midfielder has refused multiple attempts to discuss a contract extension and seems most likely to leave as a free agent this summer.
Despite reports of interest from Aston Villa, Leeds and Newcastle via The Mail, a report from Sport France claims Manchester United are the favourites for his signature if he becomes a free agent, along with Spanish side Real Betis.
United are likely to raise some money in player sales this month, or loans, with 90Min reporting Newcastle are willing to pay £10 million just to loan Jesse Lingard.
This fee could cover the permanent move for Boubacar Kamara is United choose to invest it this way. Considering the team’s needs, Lingard out and Kamara in would be very good business.
- Manchester United fans left waiting on Sir Jim Ratcliffe after Chelsea takeover bid fails
- Ferdinand is wrong, Rangnick is right to expose Manchester United's 'dirty laundry'
- How to watch the FA Youth Cup final, Predicted XI, and how Manchester United got there
- £8.5m asking price for 24-year-old France international makes him incredibly tempting for Manchester United
- 'A real weapon'… Manchester United tracking star with 15 assists in two seasons, £21m release clause
- Manchester United keen on signing Argentine playmaker highly rated by Lionel Messi's father
- Cristiano Ronaldo needs to 'change his mindset' at Manchester United, says ex-teammate
- Better than Haaland: Manchester United could respond to City deal by signing prolific striker