Changes will be required when Manchester United take on Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday night.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could make numerous alterations to Saturday’s side which took on West Bromwich Albion.
But if he does want to keep the side as consistent as possible, then just two changes stand out as essential.
Anthony Martial to the bench
Anthony Martial is out of form for club and country and United cannot indulge him.
His missed chance early on against West Brom could have set United up for an easy win. Instead it turned into a struggle.
United have too many alternatives to simply keep him in the side until he recaptures his form.
Edinson Cavani is deserving of his first United start. He has looked sharp when he has played from the bench.
Mason Greenwood is another quality alternative who could get the nod if he is passed fit after illness.
Time to shift Juan Mata out
Juan Mata has started United’s last three games in all competitions, including the last one against Istanbul Basaksehir.
Disappointingly, Mata has not justified his selection in any of these matches.
It is time for United to look at alternatives, and there are many of them which Solskjaer could turn to.
The aforementioned Greenwood could start on the right and give United more of a goal threat, if fit.
Donny van de Beek may be the more obvious like for like choice, and the Dutchman is desperate for game time.
Dan James is another option if United decide a winger is required. He will be hoping to show what he can do after his international goal last week.
All three of Greenwood, James and Van de Beek have stronger cases to start than Mata this week.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose to Sheffield United
- Manchester United pick attack heavy team to face Sheffield United
- Former United star Shinji Kagawa finds new club in Greece
- Solskjaer is ready to build his plans around Amad Diallo
- Who is reported Manchester United target Christoph Baumgartner?
- Odion Ighalo did exactly what he set out to do
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Sheffield United
- Looking back at Anthony Martial’s hat-trick against Sheffield United
- Marcos Rojo has three offers from clubs as he reportedly negotiates United pay-off