Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of Manchester United’s clash with Roma.
The briefing ahead of the first leg of the Europa League semi-final was streamed at 1pm on the club’s offical app.
He has delivered an update on the fitness of Marcus Rashford, who has says is over the worst of his foot injury.
And Solskjaer confirmed that Rashford is available for selection against the Serie A club.
“Marcus [Rashford] – we have managed him, and we have had to for quite a while,” said Solskjaer.
“He had his back last season and then his shoulder which he recovered from really well.
“He is gone through the worst with his foot as well and he is available for tomorrow.
“We didn’t lose anyone after Leeds game, which was great preparation because it was a high intensity match.”
It’s promising to hear that Rashford is over the worst of the problem which has been troubling him.
There was a worry that the England international has been worsening the issue by continuing to play on it.
But it seems he has been able to recover and is fit to play on the biggest night of the season for United so far.
The update will also be music to the ears of England manager Gareth Southgate, who will be watching Rashford’s situation with interest ahead of this summer’s European Championship.
- Manchester United being linked with Sulemana again, Ajax in pole position
- Anthony Martial pictured working out ahead of pre-season
- Manchester United’s 20 most expensive transfer deals of all time
- Mansfield boss delighted to sign Manchester United’s Nathan Bishop on loan
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night