Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is lucky to wake up in a job as Manchester United manager this morning.
The appetite for change is growing after a disgraceful performance at home to Manchester City.
United managed only 32 per cent possession at home and landed just one shot on target.
The Athletic report United’s performance was the club’s worst ever home performance statistically.
Get this: United managed just four touches in the opposition penalty area.
This is the lowest United have ever managed since Opta began measuring the touch data in the 2008/09 season.
Setting records of the wrong kind
Just earlier this year Solskjaer’s United equalled United’s best ever result, recording a 9-0 victory.
All the confidence which was on display in that win has evaporated and his United team are a total shell of themselves.
Right now Solskjaer does not appear to have a clue how to fix the issues.
United fans are rapidly losing faith, and many have lost patience already, understandably so.
The City defeat was a painful watch, with the team low in confidence, quality, and ideas.
Solskjaer has gained just four points from the past six Premier League games.
It is sack-worthy form and with the international break upon us, now is the time for United to make a change.
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s record like against Chelsea?
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports