Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is lucky to wake up in a job as Manchester United manager this morning.
The appetite for change is growing after a disgraceful performance at home to Manchester City.
United managed only 32 per cent possession at home and landed just one shot on target.
The Athletic report United’s performance was the club’s worst ever home performance statistically.
Get this: United managed just four touches in the opposition penalty area.
This is the lowest United have ever managed since Opta began measuring the touch data in the 2008/09 season.
Setting records of the wrong kind
Just earlier this year Solskjaer’s United equalled United’s best ever result, recording a 9-0 victory.
All the confidence which was on display in that win has evaporated and his United team are a total shell of themselves.
Right now Solskjaer does not appear to have a clue how to fix the issues.
United fans are rapidly losing faith, and many have lost patience already, understandably so.
The City defeat was a painful watch, with the team low in confidence, quality, and ideas.
Solskjaer has gained just four points from the past six Premier League games.
It is sack-worthy form and with the international break upon us, now is the time for United to make a change.
- Erik ten Hag makes ‘only team in the world’ claim about Manchester United
- Manchester United ‘confident’ as talks opened for Mason Mount
- Why Manchester United should sign Diogo Costa to replace De Gea
- Ten Hag target spotted watching Manchester United at Wembley
- Antony reacts to FA Cup final defeat
- Bruno Fernandes issues ‘bigger trophies’ promise to Manchester United fans
- Roy Keane gives verdict on signings Manchester United ‘need’
- Gary Neville instant reaction to disappointing FA Cup final loss
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose the FA Cup final
- Why Manchester United will wear black shorts for FA Cup final