D’Mani Mellor has become the latest player to leave Manchester United on loan.
The young striker has joined Salford City on a season long deal.
Mellor, 20, came through the ranks at United but suffered an ACL injury in March 2020.
He has now made his comeback from injury and was recently spotted training with the first team.
Delighted to have him
Salford boss Gary Bowyer told the club website how thrilled he is with his new addition.
“Firstly, a big thank you to all at Manchester United, this loan once again strengthens the relationship between the two clubs with Di’Shon Bernard having a successful loan here last season.
“We are delighted that D’Mani has agreed to join us on loan and he gives us another attacking option.
“He is an exciting player. with an incredible work rate who was very excited to come and join us.”
Mellor also sent a message to his new club’s fans after his arrival was confirmed, and it’s clear he shares Bowyer’s enthusiasm.
Class of ’92 relationship bearing fruit
Of course six members of the ‘Class of ’92’ are owners at Salford, and it’s not the first time United have sent a loan player there.
Last season, Di’Shon Bernard went to the League 2 club. He impressed and on the back of that, he is now in the Championship with Hull.
If Mellor can have that progression, he’ll be thrilled, especially coming from where he was with his serious injury last year.
He went straight into the Salford squad for today’s 3-0 win against Newport and came on as a substitute in second half stoppage time.
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea