Mason Greenwood is grabbing his chance at Manchester United in pre-season.
The 17-year-old has scored two goals in three matches, including a winner against Inter Milan.
Greenwood is showing he is ready and able to contribute to United now, even at the age of 17.
Former United hero Rio Ferdinand is impressed and firmly believes Greenwood has already proved his point.
Rio left a message on Greenwood’s Instagram page, reading: “The way to let the management know you are ready for games this season – loan….naaaaaah!!”
Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said after the game against Inter that Greenwood is going nowhere.
He told the MEN: “He reminds me a little bit about the Giggsy story, you can’t really send him on loan and for me he’s ready to be in this squad.”
Sending Greenwood out on loan never really seemed like an option, but its good to have it ruled out.
The teenager looked like he was good enough in his brief appearances last season, and now he has the confidence of goals to go with it.
Whether it be in the Premier League or Europa League, Greenwood will get game time this season.
He is showing he has the ability to make the most of it, and it’s tough not to get over excited about just how good he is already, and how good he can become.
- How Daniel James can thrive on Manchester United’s right wing
- Who should play at left back against Manchester City?
- Reece Devine gives positive injury update after midweek KO
- Three reasons for optimism ahead of the Manchester derby
- Is history repeating itself as Joel Pereira’s loan spell takes an almighty nosedive?