Paul Pogba could make a shock return to action for Manchester United this week, report The Mail.
Their report says Pogba has trained with the first team this week and could be under consideration to face LASK tomorrow night.
If he is not included in the travelling squad, then ‘he hopes’ to make his return against Tottenham this weekend.
It would surely appeal for Pogba to make his return against former boss Jose Mourinho’s side, who are struggling badly for form.
Pogba has not played yet in 2020 as he deals with a troublesome ankle injury.
Seeing is believing, and we will believe it when it actually happens, but it’s progress to see Pogba’s on pitch return finally being discussed.
Possible new contract
The Mail also claim that Pogba is considering making a remarkable U-turn and staying put at United.
He is said to be enthused by the prospect of building a partnership with impressive new signing Bruno Fernandes.
The report throws up some wild figures, suggesting Pogba would look for wages of £400,000 per week.
That would be an unwise salary for United to commit to, considering an already excessive wage bill, disparity with other squad members, and his recent injury struggles.
If a more sensible financial agreement can be made, we wouldn’t be totally shocked to see him commit to a new contract.
There is a not a big market for Pogba right now for the type of money United are seeking. And on the pitch, United look to be heading in the right direction once again.
This week, perhaps as soon as tomorrow night, we may get a glimpse of what Pogba and Fernandes can do together.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player