Raphael Varane taken off injured for France
Raphael Varane was forced off injured for France against Spain in the UEFA Nations League final.
Varane left the pitch after 42 minutes in a potential nightmare situation for Manchester United.
Club captain Harry Maguire is out injured already and so United’s options at the position are already thin.
This leaves Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly as United’s only fit centre-backs.
Phil Jones and Teden Mengi are emergency options.
United are heading into a tough fixture list in the Premier League and Champions League.
PremierInjuries.com forecast Maguire has a 25 per cent chance of being fit for the Leicester game.
Bailly is currently on international duty with Ivory Coast. He has played one match for United this season.
He could now be plunged into a crucial role. The extent of Varane’s injury is unclear.
Varane was able to leave the pitch by himself, which was a good sign. Hopefully his substitution was just a precaution and he will be able to make a swift recovery.
Manchester United’s next 10 fixtures after the international break
- Leicester City (A)
Saturday October 16, 3pm, Premier League
- Atalanta (H)
Wednesday October 20, 8pm, Champions League
- Liverpool (H)
Sunday October 24, 4.30pm, Premier League
- Tottenham (A)
Saturday October 30, 5.30pm, Premier League
- Atalanta (A)
Tuesday November 2, 8pm, Champions League
- Manchester City (H)
Saturday November 6, 12.30pm, Premier League
- Watford (A)
Saturday November 20, 3pm, Premier League
- Villarreal (A)
Tuesday November 23, 5.45pm, Champions League
- Chelsea (A)
Sunday November 28, 4.30pm, Premier League
- Arsenal (H)
Tuesday November 30, 8pm, Premier League
- Manchester United star says he can't relax this summer due to Ten Hag arrival
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent