Rangnick provides fitness update ahead of Manchester United's trip to Burnley
Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick has confirmed that Edinson Cavani and Jesse Lingard will be included in the squad for tomorrow’s trip to Burnley.
The pair missed Friday night’s penalty shootout defeat against Middlesbrough which saw us crash out of the FA Cup at Old Trafford.
Cavani was absent against the Championship side because he was given additional days off following his international exploits with Uruguay.
Lingard was missing after being time off as a deadline day move away from the Theatre of Dreams failed to materialise.
Speaking on Lingard and Cavani in his pre-match press conference, Rangnick said: “They’re both available and will both be part of the squad for tomorrow’s game at Burnley. Both are top profs, both have been training well.
“With regards to Jesse, I have a very good relationship with him, he knows I would have been willing to let him go at least until the issue with Mason came up, he mentioned some personal issues.
“We have to look forward now, there are no problems whatsoever between myself and Jesse and vice versa. I’m very happy to have him in the squad and he’ll be in the squad for tomorrow night’s game.”
The German also confirmed that Raphael Varane will be fit to face Sean Dyche’s said.
The World Cup winner was taken off early against Boro, but the 63-year-old allayed any injury concerns.
Rangnick added: “I think he has arrived in the meantime, he seems to be physically fit, has no issues anymore with injuries, up until he was substituted he did extremely well with Harry against a Championship team but an ambitious Championship team.
“I’m very happy to have him for tomorrow’s game, hopefully, we can have him in the same form for the upcoming games.”
- 29-year-old's blistering start to season could help Manchester United land seven-time international
- Report: Manchester United interested in signing French striker who scored 22 goals last season
- Report: Manchester United want to sign Casemiro from Real Madrid
- Ten Hag and Joel Glazer reportedly disagree on one of Manchester United's biggest summer sagas
- Manchester United stars Garnacho and Elanga among players to react to 21-year-old's confirmed loan move