Phil Jones has been pictured back at Carrington for the first time in 2021.
The defender has not played a match since January 2020 due to a succession of injuries.
Jones was training individually, not with the rest of the group, and is not in contention to play against Granada.
For Jones, just being out there back at Carrington is progress. He has had a torrid time with ongoing knee problems.
It is clear at this stage Jones is not the player United wanted him to become, and he needs a fresh start.
To do so, he has to get fit, and the timing is quite positive here, ahead of the transfer window.
Jones has a few weeks to get fit, and could even come in and make a brief appearance from the bench at the end of the season in a league game if United qualify for next season’s Champions League early.
At this stage you just have to wish Jones well and hope he can stay fit, earn a move, and try and kick on at a club which is willing to grant him regular starting opportunities.
At 29-years-old, he should still have plenty of football left in him away from Old Trafford.
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's 'world class' performance against Young Boys
- Manchester United's 3 best players against Young Boys
- Robbie Savage's reaction as son Charlie comes on to make Manchester United debut
- 5 things learned as Manchester United draw 1-1 against Young Boys