Odion Ighalo says he intends to stay at Manchester United if he is offered the chance to continue.
Ighalo’s deal is scheduled to expire at the end of May, and there are no fixtures now scheduled before this break due to an unprecedented worldwide crisis.
Ighalo was a surprise January signing and has become a fan favourite.
In just three starts he has scored four goals for the club and has linked up well with his teammates.
United must do a deal with Shanghai Shenhua to either extend Ighalo’s loan agreement, or sign him permanently.
The Mail report United are willing to pay £15 million to sign the Nigerian striker permanently.
This is complicated by Sky Sports‘ recent report claiming Ighalo will be offered a bumper new contract extension by Shanghai.
However his priority appears clear, to stay in Manchester.
Ighalo feels like we do
Ighalo is frustrated to be missing football, like the rest of us.
He was coming into fitness and really finding form and the timing of the break was particularly cruel on him.
Life without football is tough, and makes us appreciate it even more.
- Is Manchester United vs West Ham on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay