Norwich City fans react to United loanee Brandon Williams' performance
While Manchester United’s choice of full-backs differ from week to week, one player has been at risk of becoming a real forgotten man.
Brandon Williams has been toiling away at Premier League strugglers Norwich, and while their league position does not help him stand out, their problems are not in any way down to him.
Williams has been battling each week to try and help Norwich stay competitive, and has made 15 Premier League appearances so far, more than the four he got last season at Manchester United.
Best performance to date
Williams served up his best performance to date in a Norwich City shirt at the weekend as the Canaries beat Everton 2-1.
It was just the third win Williams has experienced in the Premier League as a Norwich player and he had a key part in the victory.
Williams provided an assist for one of Norwich’s goals after a surging run to top off an impressive counter-attacking move for Adam Idah to score what proved to be the winning strike.
The 21-year-old had to show his defensive ability more as the game went on and Everton pushed to try and equalise.
Williams won two aerial duels, won three tackles, made one interception and three clearances. This was all before he was substituted off in the 76th minute.
Norwich are up to 18th in the table, and while the two teams below them have games in hand, more displays like the one they put in against Everton will give them a real chance of survival.
Whatever the future might or might not hold for Williams at Old Trafford, he is picking up good top flight experience and showing he can cut it, and should not be written off too quickly.
Norwich fans are impressed
Here is a look at how Norwich fans reacted to Williams’ performance in the win…
- Ajax star backs Erik ten Hag for trophies at Manchester United in emotional message
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million