Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood's performance v Southampton
Most fans had expected Mason Greenwood to start for Manchester United against Southampton.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had other ideas and left Greenwood on the bench, preferring Andreas Pereira on the right.
Greenwood got the call to come on in the 82nd minute, replacing Scott McTominay after the Saints had gone down to 10 men.
The 17-year-old striker looked a real threat, and came close to grabbing the winner.
Greenwood had one chance, when he received the ball on the edge of the penalty area.
He showed quick feet to misdirect his opponent before curling a ball into the corner, just not quite far away enough from goalkeeper Angus Gunn.
There was also a penalty appeal when Greenwood was knocked down, but it was tough to tell whether he was fouled or just lost his footing.
He was a threat in his limited time on the pitch and his display suggested Solskjaer should have given him more time.
With Anthony Martial out injured, this was an opportunity missed to show more faith in Greenwood.
If he had played the whole game, perhaps we would be celebrating a win rather than being frustrated about a 1-1 draw.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Greenwood’s cameo performance…
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag