Marcus Rashford has spoken out in reaction to Manchester United’s defeat to Leicester City.
Rashford came off the bench in the second half at the King Power Stadium.
The England international netted what had looked to be a crucial equalising goal to take the score to 2-2.
Miserable defending from United shortly afterwards saw the Red Devils slip to a 4-2 loss and ruin Rashford’s comeback.
The forward sent a message out in reaction to the loss, expressing his frustration at the poor result.
Rashford a small positive
Rashford looked sharp during his substitute appearance. His showing was a positive on a disappointing day.
His pace worried the Leicester defence and it does bode well for upcoming games. He likely starts at home to Liverpool next weekend.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website: “It was great to see him back on the pitch. That’s probably the only bonus today.”
United’s defeat leaves the side five points off the top of the table with Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City all winning.
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans
- Jadon Sancho has just solved a Manchester United squad dilemma