Marcus Rashford has spoken out in reaction to Manchester United’s defeat to Leicester City.
Rashford came off the bench in the second half at the King Power Stadium.
The England international netted what had looked to be a crucial equalising goal to take the score to 2-2.
Miserable defending from United shortly afterwards saw the Red Devils slip to a 4-2 loss and ruin Rashford’s comeback.
The forward sent a message out in reaction to the loss, expressing his frustration at the poor result.
Rashford a small positive
Rashford looked sharp during his substitute appearance. His showing was a positive on a disappointing day.
His pace worried the Leicester defence and it does bode well for upcoming games. He likely starts at home to Liverpool next weekend.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website: “It was great to see him back on the pitch. That’s probably the only bonus today.”
United’s defeat leaves the side five points off the top of the table with Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City all winning.
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career