Marcus Rashford praises Mason Greenwood's performance
Mason Greenwood added to his goal tally for United with two against AZ Alkmaar.
The young striker netted twice in the second half and won a penalty as United won 4-0.
He also would have had an assist had Anthony Martial not blazed over after his cross.
Greenwood is now up to six for the season, chasing down Marcus Rashford’s tally of 13.
Rashford was an unused substitute and wasn’t needed as United ran riot in the second half.
He joked he was a bit jealous, congratulating Greenwood for his display.
Rashford was being saved for United’s Premier League game against Everton on Sunday.
United have a decision now whether to bring Greenwood in from the start.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could pick him up front, or on the right, at the expense of Anthony Martial or Dan James.
It is most likely he is back on the bench, but the young striker has given his boss something to think about at least.
Greenwood still could reach double figures by time 2019 is done.
- Ten Hag says Manchester United's players did not do what he asked against Brentford
- 'I cost three points'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for 4-0 loss
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United's 4-0 defeat to Brentford
- 6 things we learned as Manchester United lose 4-0 to Brentford
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: McTominay axed