Nicolo Zaniolo is the latest player to be linked with a move to Manchester United.
We decided to take a closer look at the reports, and Zaniolo himself to see what he could offer United.
Are the sources reliable?
The tabloids have got a lot more wrong than right this summer, and at the moment, it’s all just rumour.
The reports stem from Italian outlet Calciomercato, which claim: “The Red Devils see the Italian starlet as a perfect signing to help strengthen their squad.”
United are said to be rivalling Juventus and Tottenham for Zaniolo.
Calciomercato isn’t exactly famed for reliability either, and there’s a strong chance United’s name is just being used to heighten a bidding war.
What makes him special?
Zaniolo is a very talented youngster and was a regular in the Roma side last season.
He scored four goals in 27 Serie A games and provided two assists and also netted two goals in the Champions League.
Whoscored note that of players under 21, Zaniolo recorded the second highest number of successful dribbles in Serie A last season.
As an attacking midfielder, he would be an alternative to Bruno Fernandes.
Zaniolo is strongly linked with an exit, with Roma missing out on the Champions League.
It does seem like he could be on the move, but we are far from convinced it would be to United.
The Italian would fit the idea of signing young, talented players United are looking for.
Potentially it could be a coup, but time is running out to make it happen, that’s if United are even really trying.
Rumour reliability rating: 2/5
- Manchester United could see reported target Nuno Mendes as a winger in the long term
- Ethan Galbraith must impress on loan to jump ahead of Levitt and Garner at Manchester United
- Teden Mengi deserves to replace Phil Jones in Manchester United squad
- Manchester United would be absolutely fine without Pogba
- Manchester United’s Dylan Levitt must channel his idol Scholes during likely loan spell