Manchester United’s game against Liverpool has now been postponed.
Fans protesting against the Glazers accessed the stadium at 2pm and made it onto the pitch and into the stands.
The match was due to kick off at 4.30pm.
An official United statement read: “Following discussion between the Police, The Premier League, Trafford Council and the clubs, our match against Liverpool has been postponed due to safety and security considerations around the protest.”
There is no word just yet on whether the game will be moved, or if United will forfeit the fixture.
The Premier League published teamsheets just before 4pm, but the players did not even make it to the stadium.
United’s players are due to travel to Italy this week for a Europa League semi-final second leg against Roma.
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer