Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood's performance
Mason Greenwood started his first match in three weeks as Manchester United beat Watford.
The teenager showed it was worth the wait as he delivered an all round quality performance topped off with an outstanding goal.
Greenwood’s goal rounded off a 3-0 victory for United at Old Trafford, after strikes from Bruno Fernandes and Anthony Martial.
Greenwood picked the ball up in his own half and drove United forward, passing the ball out to Bruno Fernandes on his right.
Fernandes sent the ball back into Greenwood’s path and after taking a couple of touches he clinically lashed it into the top corner of the net.
All round performer
This was Greenwood’s 11th goal of the season in all competitions and fifth in the Premier League.
But his game is about so much more than just goals, as his 80 minutes on the pitch underlined.
Greenwood created three chances, just one fewer than Bruno Fernandes managed.
His work off the ball was evident too, with the teenager winning three tackles when not in possession.
All three of his shots were on target and with Fernandes now supplying him, Greenwood is going to become even more dangerous.
At just 18, Greenwood’s potential is frightening. Social media reaction after the game saw him compared to Erling Haaland, and tipped for a future Ballon d’Or.
One thing is certain, Manchester United are lucky to have a player who looks truly special, and who is just getting started.
- Erik ten Hag's first five signings as Ajax manager including two former Premier League stars
- Five players Manchester United had very lucky escapes on including '£50m-valued midfielder'
- Long-serving Manchester United academy coach set to leave as behind the scenes changes continue
- 'We are going to win trophies'… Manchester United star optimistic about silverware next season
- 5 free agents Manchester United could sign this summer including Rangnick's international DM and '£85m' Italy striker