Manchester United have agreed to sign striker Odion Ighalo, BBC Sport report.
Ighalo will join on a short term basis on loan until the end of the season from Shanghai Shenhua.
The Mail report United will pay £100,000 per week in wages, towards the £300,000 he earns in China.
The Express report United will also be coughing up a loan fee of between £2 million and £4 million.
Fabrizio Romano reported Ighalo will fly to Manchester over the weekend, and added that he rejected an approach from Tottenham.
The Star report Ighalo did not undertake a medical, due to logistical issues, but United are confident he is fit.
The Express also reported that Tottenham made an attempt to sign Ighalo, but were unsuccessful.
BBC Sport report there is no option to buy in the deal.
Nearly left with nobody
United left this so close. The club nearly ended the transfer window without a striker.
Considering Marcus Rashford’s injury, that would have been a disaster, especially if Anthony Martial picked up an injury himself.
There was some serious bad planning here. A striker should have been signed last summer, with it obvious Romelu Lukaku would go.
And then in January there should have been options beyond Erling Haaland.
But as a short-term, stop gap, Ighalo will do. Who knows, he might be a real success?
There is a lot to play for still this season, the Premier League top four race, the FA Cup, and the Europa League. Ighalo can help.
- Pictures: Pogba posts training update during break as Ronaldo joins another Manchester United teammate
- Scottish league champions set to sign Manchester United wonderkid on loan
- Two make debuts as Manchester United under-18s reach Premier League Cup quarter-finals
- 'Had conversations': £13m man admits to Manchester United talks
- 'Great player': Manchester United star urged to produce best form in World Cup qualifiers