Romelu Lukaku has no hard feelings towards the player who has ended up replacing him at Manchester United.
In fact Lukaku has been complimentary towards his successor, Mason Greenwood, naming him as United’s best player in a Twitter Q&A.
Lukaku was sold last summer, with United controversially choosing not to buy a replacement.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer put his trust in teenager Mason Greenwood, who has hit 13 goals in all competitions this season, just two fewer than Lukaku’s final campaign at Old Trafford.
In totality the decision not to replace Lukaku and rely on Greenwood, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford was an error from United.
Solskjaer was reluctant to give Greenwood a regular starting role, doing so just four times in the Premier League. Nonetheless the teenager has performed exceptionally well when given a chance.
The problem has come with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial getting injured. United only looked to have solved this issue of squad depth when Odion Ighalo signed on loan in January.
Despite an unsuccessful time at United which yielded no silverware, Lukaku has no regrets about joining.
He feels the move came at the right time in his career, enabling him to take the step up and play Champions League football.
He left United after failing to qualify for the Champions League last season, joining Inter Milan.
Inter were knocked out of the group stages and went down into the Europa League.
They could still draw United in the last eight or beyond, if the competition ever resumes.
- Some Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial's performance
- Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United's 1-0 win over West Ham
- Photo: Anthony Martial pictured embracing Ralf Rangnick after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's display v West Ham
- 'This is Manchester United'…Defender with 4 tackles and 2 key passes celebrates vital win