Manchester United youngster Kobbie Mainoo is continuing to make a name for himself.
Mainoo was in action at the weekend for England’s under-17s side as they took on Armenia in qualifying for the European Championships.
England won the match 7-0 with Mainoo wrapping up the scoring with the seventh goal.
The strike was worth the wait, with Mainoo netting an impressive solo goal in the 89th minute.
You can see the goal broken down below, with Mainoo picking the ball up outside the box before weaving in and out of defenders, and then finishing off the move.
This was Mainoo’s first ever game for England at youth level and it was a great way to get started.
The Stockport-born 16-year-old made his debut for Manchester United’s under-18s side last year, aged just 15.
This season he has shifted from a wide role to play as a central midfielder and he has been hitting form.
Mainoo scored in his previous game for United’s under-18s, netting a header in a 3-3 draw with Middlesbrough and was arguably the best player on the pitch.
This season he has two goals and two assists so far for the under-18s.
The first team is a long way off but Mainoo is another super talented prospect who could develop into a big player in the future.
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea