Jadon Sancho coming off the bench was a fearful sight for a Leeds side already 5-1 down against Manchester United.
Sancho came on as part of a double change in the 75th minute with Manchester United’s opening game of the season already won.
By time the winger was introduced the contest was over, and Sancho effectively took part in a training game.
It was a debut he won’t forget, with a raucous Old Trafford crowd giving him a huge ovation.
Sancho sent a message following United’s 5-1 victory, celebrating the occasion and also making reference to Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes’ outstanding performances.
Sancho did not have too much time to make an impact, making 16 touches in total.
He had a chance late on to play in Aaron Wan-Bissaka for a pass but it did not quite come off.
Sancho will get in tune with his teammates in more time, and his fitness will pick up. It is just great at this stage to see him in red.
His transfer has been talked about non-stop for two years, and this was the moment it really became reality, seeing him introduced to a packed Old Trafford.
The best is yet to come, and Sancho will be doing his best this week to earn a start next weekend against Southampton.
- Photos: Manchester United release first images of Rangnick in training at Carrington
- Carrick's comments on Fernandes show why Manchester United need a stern manager like Rangnick
- Manchester United loanee preparing to take on 'quality' former Premier League player
- Raphael Varane shares his reaction to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United exit interview
- Record breaking wonderkid suddenly needs fresh Manchester United start under Ralf Rangnick