Hannibal trains with Manchester United first team
Last week Hannibal scored a fantastic goal for Manchester United’s under-23 side in a friendly against Sheffield Wednesday.
The goal led to United fans on social media calling for him to be promoted back to the first team, after featuring in pre-season.
When United’s under-23s kicked off their season on Sunday, Hannibal was not involved at all in the 2-2 draw with Leicester, due to a suspension for a red card at the end of last season.
This gave United the chance to call Hannibal back up to the first team. The midfielder was pictured in training photos, running with the rest of the first team squad.
This was a chance for Hannibal to get involved in a session alongside first team stars and feel the buzz of it being Raphael Varane’s first United training session.
Hannibal is a Tunisia international at just 18, and last season he led United’s under-23s for assists.
The young midfielder is on the cusp of United’s first team, but the club cannot currently offer him the minutes he needs.
His involvement in training for the first team on Monday underlined how that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to take a close look at him.
Hannibal has two options for the coming season. One is to stay and flit between the under-23s and first team and hope to get a few minutes here and there.
The second is to head out on loan, and it would not be a surprise if a deal is struck before the transfer deadline for him to go and play first team football and develop elsewhere and return stronger for United next summer.
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate