Mason Greenwood scored for the second Premier League game in a row yesterday.
Greenwood smashed the ball past Hugo Lloris at his near post to seal a 3-1 victory over Tottenham.
The goal also saw him draw level with teammate Marcus Rashford in the history books.
Rashford also netted 13 league goals for United as a teenager.
The only man with more is Wayne Rooney, who netted 15 in the top flight for United before he turned 20.
Greenwood’s birthday isn’t until October so he’s well on course to break Rooney’s record.
On his recent form, he’ll do it before the end of this season, having rediscovered his goalscoring touch.
In recent weeks, Greenwood has played through the middle a bit more.
Greenwood has been viewed as United’s long term centre forward for a while now, but he seems to have physically bulked up and be capable of leading the line.
Wherever he plays, he is dangerous. He came on on the right wing yesterday and after providing the assist for Edinson Cavani, in injury time he cut inside to devastating effect to kill the game, and take a step closer to breaking Rooney’s record.
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return