Mason Greenwood scored for the second Premier League game in a row yesterday.
Greenwood smashed the ball past Hugo Lloris at his near post to seal a 3-1 victory over Tottenham.
The goal also saw him draw level with teammate Marcus Rashford in the history books.
Rashford also netted 13 league goals for United as a teenager.
The only man with more is Wayne Rooney, who netted 15 in the top flight for United before he turned 20.
Greenwood’s birthday isn’t until October so he’s well on course to break Rooney’s record.
On his recent form, he’ll do it before the end of this season, having rediscovered his goalscoring touch.
In recent weeks, Greenwood has played through the middle a bit more.
Greenwood has been viewed as United’s long term centre forward for a while now, but he seems to have physically bulked up and be capable of leading the line.
Wherever he plays, he is dangerous. He came on on the right wing yesterday and after providing the assist for Edinson Cavani, in injury time he cut inside to devastating effect to kill the game, and take a step closer to breaking Rooney’s record.
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s