Manchester United duo Mason Greenwood and Dan James will represent England and Wales in 433’s “Plan B” FIFA 20 tournament.
A 32 nation competition has been set up with footballers across Europe signing up as they look to keep busy during quarantine.
433 posted the early details of the competition on Instagram, with the Manchester United duo among the entrants.
The mission statement reads: “We will provide a much needed dose of football in a period of football drought. 32 pro players will compete against each other in FIFA 20.”
The winner will be crowned ‘champion of Europe’ with the tournament set to begin next week. The matches will be live streamed.
Former Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku will be competing for Belgium.
Chelsea’s Billy Gilmour will be representing Scotland and Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka is signed up for Switzerland, while Diogo Jota of Wolves is Portugal’s participant.
Liverpool’s Dejan Lovren will represent Croatia and Italy have Ciro Immobile of Lazio. There are some spots still to be announced.
This is a good way for fans and players to pass the time, with 433’s post liked by more than 550,000 followers already.
Imagine the scenes if Greenwood knocks out Liverpool’s Lovren in the quarter-final, Lukaku in the semi, and then takes on United teammate James in the final. Do us proud boys!
- Three reasons Manchester United should worry about Southampton threat
- Largie Ramazani could outshine former Manchester United teammate Tahith Chong
- How United’s Champions League spot could be all but sealed in days
- McTominay needs to learn from Matic as long as he is at Manchester United
- Manchester United have never been stronger at right-back but Jurado’s reported arrival signals future focus