Fred’s fantastic season for Manchester United has not gone unnoticed.
The Brazilian entered the campaign with doubts over his suitability to the Premier League after a poor 2018/19 season.
He has proven his quality, becoming a regular in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s midfield, and demonstrating the high price United paid for him was justified.
In a Twitter Q&A held over the weekend, former United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel named Fred as his player of the season.
Fred responded by saying he was honoured to hear Schmeichel’s praise, and referred to the Treble winning goalkeeper as the best in United’s history.
Schmeichel is in the eyes of many, the best ever, but it says a lot about United’s quality over the years that even this is open to debate.
While replacing him was difficult, Edwin van der Sar proved to be a majestic goalkeeper once he eventually arrived at United, and emulated Schmeichel by winning the Champions League.
United’s current number one, David de Gea, has been fantastic too and hasn’t had the success his performances have deserved over the years.
We wonder if he will have anything to say to Fred about this the next time he sees his United teammate?
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit
- 'Speed'… Boss says Manchester United 20-year-old's pace crucial to first ever international cap
- Anthony Martial's best 5 moments as a Manchester United player as Sevilla loan exit nears
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial pictured in Spain ahead of joining Sevilla on loan