Manchester United are reported to be interested in Spain under-21 winger Dani Olmo.
Croatian newspaper Sportske Novostki report United would be willing to pay £36 million for Olmo.
Here is a look at five facts about the potential United signing…
- Olmo plays for Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia. Last season he scored 12 goals and provided nine assists.
- He recently starred in Spain’s under-21 European Championship winning team. Olmo scored three goals in four matches at the tournament, including one in the final.
- Olmo was part of Barcelona’s La Masia academy, before deciding to make the surprise move to Croatia. It has paid off, already he has played 127 first team games.
- The 21-year-old was voted the best player in Croatia last season, Marca reported.
- He has been linked with a return to Barcelona, by Goal, who have compared him to Jadon Sancho. He is under contract until 2021.
Olmo is an exciting prospect and one who has already taken a bold step in his career.
It is only a matter of time before he clinches a move away from Zagreb, and £36 million could prove to be a snip.
The point of looking abroad should be for cheaper options, but Dinamo do not sell their star players cheaply.
In comparison to Sancho of course, Olmo is far less expensive. He would fit with United’s attempt to add youth, and fill a position of need on the wing.